Nothing beats a Carolina summer with the sun keeping us company late into the evening and the beaches inviting us to stay all day. Spending time in the great outdoors with family and friends is one of the best elements of summer. When you head out for a day in the sun, don’t forget to stay hydrated.
The heat of summer causes us to become dehydrated much faster than we would otherwise. Especially if you are involved in exercise or other physical activity, it can be easy to overheat. It is important to be aware of the signs of heatstroke, take precautions to be safe, and drink lots of water.
Water does more than cool you off. It is vital to the operation of our major organs, helps our body dispose of waste, and provides nutrients that we need every day. Ensure that you are staying hydrated this summer by following these tips.
- Have a bottle of water with you at all times.
- If you have a difficult time drinking enough water, choose a healthy alternative such as Gatorade, tea, milk, or juice.
- Maintain your body’s level of internal hydration by eating plenty of fruits and vegetables. Watermelon is an ideal summertime snack.
- Optimize your body’s absorbance of water and nutrients by eating an overall healthy diet along with plenty of water.
- Watch for signs of dehydration and heat stroke, such as increased body temperature, fatigue, confusion, and headache.
Keep all your favorite summertime beverages on hand with convenient office delivery by Hav-a-Cup.